Aluminum Gate Installation Techniques11/04/2013 Back To Blog
Among the different residential gate openers used today, aluminum fences are the most popular because they provide elegance, and they are remarkably affordable too. And while iron or steel gates are susceptible to rust, aluminum gates (which usually have powder-coated colors) are virtually maintenance-free and rust-proof. Here are a few helpful ideas on installing aluminum gates.
Benefits of Aluminum Gates
• While aluminum gates are virtually maintenance-free, some don't like using it because they lack the elegance or sophistication of the wrought iron types. And while the wooden fences are attractive, they are prone to rotting and attract all kinds of insects too.
• Probably the best thing about aluminum driveway gate openers is that they can withstand the elements like rain, water and pollution and consumers can also choose from a wide array of aluminum variants, from residential to commercial and industrial settings.
• Some aluminum gates feature welded construction and stainless steel fasteners, which connect the pickets to the rails and the rails to the posts. Most aluminum fences also have powder-coated surfaces with lifetime warranties.
Wash it With a Mild Household Cleanser
For proper aluminum gate repair, the first step would be to wash it with a mixture using a mild household cleanser or detergent and water. Make sure you fully rinse it well, and fully remove the cleaning solution.
How to Install Aluminum Fences and Gates
• Aluminum fences are quite easy to install. For stress-free new gate installation, you will need to dig post holes (which are 6 inches in diameter) and 36 to 42 inches deep.
• Most aluminum panels are also pre-assembled, and their posts are “pre-punched” for the rails.
• If the homeowner's fence is not leveled, the fence can actually be raked so that it will be leveled with the fences.
It also would be better if you pre-punched holes at different levels so that the holes will not be in the wrong place on one side. It would also help if you use blank posts and rail end for easier installation.